5/12/18

Today I had circled a lot of movies that I wanted to see, but I only ended up seeing one. I was so exhausted from the day before that I didn't wake up for the 9:30 movie that I had wanted to see, or the one at 1:30. I definitely needed the sleep, but I was a little sad that I had missed those movies.

The only one that I ended up seeing was a British film called Old Boys. It was about a boys' school in Britain in which two boys fall for the same girl (their French teacher's daughter), and the smaller, nerdier one helps the much more attractive one win the girl over. Eventually, however, the smaller boy decides to go after the girl himself because he's in love with her. The premise had looked very interesting in the screening guide, and it was executed fairly well, but it honestly wasn't a great movie. It was cute and enjoyable to the point where I didn't feel like I had wasted ninety minutes of my life by watching it -- but it wasn't great.

After the movie finished, I went back to the AmPav to get some free coffee and relax. I flipped through my screening guide to see if there was anything else I wanted to watch that afternoon, but I couldn't find anything. Since I had seen four films the day before, I decided it wouldn't be horrible if I only watched one today. So I decided to go walk around Cannes a bit by myself since it was a beautiful day outside. I stopped by a bakery and got a snack, then meandered around and ended up doing a bit of shopping, then caught a train back to Juan Les Pins. As soon as I got home, one of my classmates messaged in our group me that a movie called Thunder Road was fantastic and was showing again at eight that evening. I had considered going to watch that one earlier but had decided against it, but now that I knew it was good and wanted to watch it, I was already home. I decided to just hang out in my hotel room instead of rushing back to Cannes, so I called my mom to tell her an early Happy Mother's Day.

It was a very relaxing day overall, which was much needed for me after yesterday, which was long and tiring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/15/18

5/13/18

Film Review: RBG