5/14/18

Today was much better than yesterday, since I saw two movies that I actually enjoyed. The first was Sink or Swim, which had premiered the night before, but I was too lazy to beg for it. I actually really enjoyed this movie. It was about a bunch of middle aged men who formed a synchronized swimming team. I think part of the reason why I enjoyed it so much because there just aren't movies about that kind of stuff -- like, who on earth would make a movie about that, let alone make it a good movie?

The second one I saw was called Skate Kitchen, which was described in the screening guide as "a millennial film," and certainly delivered on that front. The movie was about a teenage girl who joins a skate group in New York. The cinematography and stunts were fantastic, and it was also clear that they didn't use stunt doubles for many (if any) of the actors, which I always appreciate. The acting and dialogue were okay, but after it finished, I realized that it had really hit the nail on the head with being realistically millennial. Even though it wasn't perfect, I think that was kind of the point. It was supposed to be a realistic rendition of a millennial's life in New York.

After that movie was done, I was exhausted so I headed back to Juan Les Pins to get some work done for rowing recruiting. I never thought I'd be this tired from just watching movies every day, but somehow I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/15/18

5/13/18

Film Review: RBG