5/18/18

I was very disappointed in both of the movies that I saw today. I saw Girl and Cold War (finally), and I didn't like either of them.

I really hated Girl, partly because it was slow and repetitive for the majority of the film, but mostly because it ended with a very graphic scene that was hard to watch. Well, technically I didn't watch it, because I closed my eyes and covered my ears, but I still knew what happened. Maybe it's just because I really hate graphic gore and violence, but the movie did not jive well with me at all. It also didn't sum up the plot at all at the end -- it just kind of left us hanging, which I always hate.

I also didn't like Cold War very much, even though everyone else seemed to love it. It was just over-hyped too much by my friends, so I had pretty high expectations going into the theater. But even so, I don't think I would have liked it that much if I hadn't expected it to be great. The music and cinematography were good, as well as the acting, but the plot was very disjointed and the transitions seemed very jerky to me. I also couldn't connect at all with the main characters or the relationship they shared, and I really didn't understand why they kept sleeping with each other at random times throughout the sixties. It really didn't make any sense to me.

Today was just kind of bleh over all because Courtney and I also tried begging for tickets for the premiere of Capernaum tonight, but were unsuccessful. It just felt like a huge waste of time, and I got hot and tired standing out in the street with my little sign asking for tickets. It was aggravating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/15/18

5/13/18

Film Review: RBG