5/19/18

The two movies I saw today were Dogman and The Wild Pear Tree.

I watched Dogman with Faith after a relaxing morning in the Ampav with the usual free coffee and beach views. I didn't love the movie, but I could definitely appreciate it for what it was -- the acting was very good, as well as the pacing, even though it took a fairly unexpected turn near the end. I could sense that there was some greater purpose or theme of the movie that I was missing after watching it, but I was too mentally exhausted to try to figure it out. So overall, an "eh" from me. It was okay.

The rest of the day was pretty chill as well -- I just wrote my review in the Ampav and waited until it was time to get dressed for the premiere of The Wild Pear Tree. I had begged early in the morning and was able to get two tickets to the premiere since Courtney and I hadn't been to one yet, so all we had to do was wait until around five to get dressed and head to the red carpet.

The Wild Pear Tree was a colossal waste of time and hands down the most boring thing that I've ever seen. The movie was three hours long and it definitely didn't need to be. Within the first twenty minutes, people around me were already falling asleep and walking out of the theater. I didn't walk out until about halfway through the movie (which I feel like is a fair amount of time for the movie to grab my attention -- which it didn't.)

The premiere was overall a disappointment -- I had expected it to be fun and exciting, and walking the red carpet was cool for the two seconds that I was on it, but they wouldn't let us take any pictures, which was annoying. I sat in a huge theater next to people I didn't know since Courtney and I couldn't get seats together, and I didn't see any famous people. I felt like the whole concept of the premieres was overhyped, and my expectations were too high, so I didn't have much fun. Also, the movie sucked, so that was probably a big part of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/15/18

5/13/18

Film Review: RBG